Opening: Executive Director
Summary of Duties: Coordinate and execute fundraising by: pursuing grants, funding, and donation opportunities; writing grants and reports; planning special events; and coordinating facility rental. Create a positive relationship with the community through media relations, advertising efforts, web presence, and social media and documenting activities and events for publication and grant purposes. Manage the education and outreach programs. Manage the organization’s finances, including accounting, budgeting, fundraising and final reporting. Foster and enrich relationships with donors, schools, organizations, members, and volunteers. Manage and execute the organization’s day-to-day business, including customer and member correspondence, telephone and e-mail contacts, processing transactions, scheduling classes and events, and all aspects of accounting. Supervise full and part-time office and technical staff and delegate tasks to staff, members, and volunteers.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Board of Trustees Executive Committee.
* Requires flexibility of schedule to accommodate needs of the organizations that often include evening events. Saturdays and some evenings required.
* Must be comfortable meeting with the public and customers.
* Preference to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Arts and Humanities, Marketing, Communication, Business or related discipline.
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills required.
* Strong organizational, analytical, and computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus.
* Strong written communication skills.
* Ability to adhere to a timeline.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
* Detail oriented and collaborative team player.
To Apply: submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
610 W. Town St.
Columbus, OH 43215