Our move to Franklinton is a response to our ongoing commitment to supporting and expanding educational opportunities in the Columbus area. Our new facility will have a more efficient and modern design, allowing us to be better stewards of the environment and our resources, and enable us to improve our immediate community.
- Include a partnership with Brioso Coffee, bringing locally roasted coffee
- to Franklinton
- Enable exciting new partnerships and collaboration with the city’s other art and science programs, including The Columbus Idea Foundry and COSI.
- Add 2,000 square feet for learning and space for special event programming
- Create a dynamic cutting-edge interactive exhibition space
These improvements will significantly impact our artists, students, and the Franklinton community by:
- Expanding our glass art curriculum including community programming, classes for disabled adults, underserved area youth,
interns, and residents
- Responding to the area’s growing need for more studio space
- Contributing to environmental sustainability by repurposing an existing building and incorporating engineering innovations into our infrastructure
FUNDING THE MOVE AND EXPANSION
Support from The Columbus Foundation and the State of Ohio have demonstrated that they actively support our move and expansion. Still, there is a great need for community contributions, as the project and cost information demonstrate. Sustaining donations of $875,000 will allow us to accomplish all of the expansion plans outlined above, ensuring that the Columbus area will have continued and improved access to the glass art opportunities we provide.
WHO WE ARE
WHO WE SERVE
- Member artists, through facility rentals and opportunities to sell and exhibit work.
- Local school systems and students, through our school programs and tours.
- Artists with disabilities, through our GlassworksTM program.
- Students from Columbus-area high schools, The Ohio State University, and Columbus College of Art and Design, through our internship program.
- Columbus’s tourism industry, by bringing visitors to our city and by providing art experiences for people who are already touring our region.
- You. Whether you participate in a First Experience class, attend a Last Saturday Demonstration, visit our gallery, or take in the glass fashion show at our Glassquerade, Glass Axis has something for everyone.
WHERE WE ARE NOW